Each year the New England Transfer Association awards a number of $1,000 scholarships to students transferring from a NETA affiliated 2-year institution to a NETA affiliated 4-year institution. The deadline to apply is March 29, 2013.
Congratulations to the 2013 Scholarship Winners!
The NETA Governing Board Scholarship: Alejandro Hinton from Community College of Rhode Island who will be attending Rhode Island College.
The Rowe T. Austin Scholarship: Mariano Gomes from Bristol Community College who is considering UMass Amherst.
The Jane Hanna Scholarship: Lisa Reynolds from North Shore Community College who will be attending Salem State University.
Scholarship applicants must:
- Have a minimum Grade Point Average of 3.25
- Be eligible to receive an associate’s degree after completion of the current spring semester
- Transfer to a NETA affiliated four-year school
- Successfully complete 30 credits from the sending institution
Interested students should provide the selection committee with the following:
- Completed application with nomination from a NETA member
- Official college transcripts from all colleges attended
- Essay detailing educational and career goals
- Recommendation from faculty, advisor or counselor
Questions can be sent to:
Southern New Hampshire University
2500 North River Rd.
Manchester, NH 03106