Each year the New England Transfer Association awards a number of $1,000 scholarships to students transferring from a NETA affiliated 2-year institution to a NETA affiliated 4-year institution.
Congratulations to the 2014 Scholarship Winners!
Northern New England NETA Scholarship: Charlotte Beers from Nashua Community College to University of New Hampshire.
Central New England NETA Scholarship: Jennifer Kearsley from Bristol Community College to Bridgewater State University.
Southern New England NETA Scholarship: Nida Islam from Community College of Rhode Island to University of Rhode Island.
Jane Hanna Scholarship: Joseph Akiki from Northern Essex Community College to University of Massachusetts Amherst.
NETA Governing Board Scholarship: Karina Gruesz from Mass Bay Community College to Smith College.
Rowe T. Austin Scholarship: Katherine Gallagher from Bristol Community College to Bryant University.
Scholarship applicants must:
- Have a minimum Grade Point Average of 3.25
- Be eligible to receive an associate’s degree during the 2013-14 academic year
- Transfer to a NETA affiliated four-year school
- Successfully complete 30 credits from the sending institution
Interested students should provide the selection committee with the following:
- Completed application with nomination from a NETA member
- Official college transcripts from all colleges attended
- Essay detailing educational and career goals
- Recommendation from faculty, advisor or counselor
Questions can be sent to:
Assistant Director of Transfer Admissions
University of Massachusetts Lowell
220 Pawtucket Street | Suite 420
Lowell, MA 01854-2874